The BER station is connected by the Airport Express (FEX), regional trains, S-Bahn trains and some IC connections and bus connections from Berlin, Potsdam and the surrounding area. The airport railway station is located directly under Terminal 1.
Specifically, there are the following connections:
- The Airport Express (FEX) runs every half hour between Berlin Central Station and BER. The trains take about half an hour and also stop in Berlin Gesundbrunnen and at Ostkreuz station. Together with the RE8 and RB23 lines, this means that there are fast connections between Berlin Central station or Ostkreuz and BER four times an hour during the day.
- The RE8 runs hourly on the route Nauen <> Falkensee <> Berlin city centre <> BER airport; also every night.
- The RB23 runs hourly on the route Golm <> Potsdam <> Berlin city centre <> BER airport; in the evenings and at weekends only between Berlin and BER.
- Lines RE8, RB22, RB23, RB24 and RB32 also offer hourly direct connections to BER from Potsdam, Königs Wusterhausen, Ludwigsfelde, Nauen, Falkensee and Wünsdorf-Waldstadt.
- The RB22 runs hourly on the route Potsdam <> Golm <> Ludwigsfelde-Struveshof <> Airport BER <> Königs Wusterhausen.
- The RB24 runs hourly on the route Wünsdorf-Waldstadt <> Airport BER <> further as line FEX to Berlin.
- The RB32 runs hourly on the route Ludwigsfelde <> Airport BER <> onwards as the FEX line to Berlin.
- From many other places in Brandenburg, BER can be reached with just one change in Berlin, Potsdam, Ludwigsfelde or Königs Wusterhausen.
- The S-Bahn lines S45 and S9 run to BER Airport. The lines each run every 20 minutes, so that a total of 6 journeys are offered per hour.
- The Intercity line Rostock-Berlin-Dresden stops at BER Airport every two hours, thus connecting BER to the German long-distance transport network. From Elsterwerda and Doberlug-Kirchhain, the IC trains can also be used with VBB tickets and the Deutschlandticket.
- Lines RB24 (Eberswalde <> Berlin-Lichtenberg <> Schönefeld) and RB32 (Oranienburg <> Berlin-Lichtenberg <> Schönefeld) also stop at the station every hour.